Our primary goal is to ensure the safety, wellness and good health for all employees. Our commitment to the safety and health of our employees reflects our belief that all injuries can be prevented. Throughout our operations, we reinforce specific principles to strengthen our zero incident safety culture.
DAYS AWAY CASE RATE (in percentages)
Consistently over the last four (4) years, we have attained the highest standard of accident free days – Safety does not happen by chance. We are continually implementing safer processes to protect employees and visitors, educating our customers and partners on best practices and engineering solutions to create safer environment for everyone.
SAFETY EXPECTATIONS AND PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We abide by all PPE requirements as specified for our job and in our work area.
- Safe Driving
We minimize distraction when driving on company business, including only using hands-free communication system. We insist on seat belts while driving and require all occupants to do same at all times. We do not operate motor vehicle or equipment while impaired by any substance.
- Incident and Event Reporting
We report and document unsafe conditions as well as injuries and illnesses – no matter how minor. This ensures proper medical evaluation and deployment of improved processes to prevent similar incidents or conditions occurring in future.
Zero tolerance To life saving rules — working safely is a condition of employment
The following rules must be followed at all times. Violation will result in termination of employment or contract.
- Safety devices and guards: Devices installed to assure safe machine operation shall not be removed, tampered with or bypassed.
- Lock-out/tag-out: Lock-out/tag-out procedures must be followed.
- Electrical work/arc flash: Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment must be used when electrical work is being done or there is arc flash potential.
- Fall protection: Fall-arrest systems must be used when working at unprotected heights of 6 feet (1.82 meters) or greater.
- Seat belts/restraints: All operators and passengers of powered industrial trucks and equipment must use available seatbelts and restraints.
Working safely is a condition of employment at our company. We will not permit retaliation against an employee who in good faith reports a safety violation. Employees who violate core Safety Expectations or other safety requirements may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination. Violation of the Zero Tolerance Life Saving Rules will result in termination.